Thursday, May 18, 2006

Three Principles

Welcome, beautiful traveler. I greet you with the holy word 'love.'

I need to brush my teeth and get to work this morning, so I'll try to be brief.

There are three principle components to my worship of the goddess of love: thankfulness, generosity, and, of course, love.

I thank the goddess for everything that I can, I attempt to feel love for those around me in her name, and I seek to practice generosity in thought and action wherever I can.

There is no room in this triad of principles for self-oriented requests. I do not ask the goddess to deliver any personal benefit to me. Since I conceive that she has already given me almost everything of value, to request more would seem pretty ungrateful. Also, I don't care much for the notion of a deity who plays favorites based on prayers.

On the other hand, I do beseech the goddess on behalf of others, especially when I see them bearing looks of unhappiness or discontent. This may be contradictory to what I said above, but I'll wrestle with that some other time.

Lovingly yours,

A devotee

No comments: