Saturday, May 27, 2006

On Being Anti-Pronouncements

Welcome, beautiful traveler. I greet you with the holy word 'love."

I just wanted to briefly note that I never at any moment presume to speak for you. As you read the thoughts and meditations here, you may encounter language that suggests otherwise, but rest assured that I use that language only out of convenience.

So, for instance, when I write, "the ability to commit is one of the most precious gifts that the goddess has bestowed upon us," what I really mean is, "I perceive that the ability to commit is one of the most precious gifts that the goddess has bestowed upon me." It just gets to be a drag, continually writing "I perceive," or "I envision," and I worry that it gets to sounding rather arrogant if I persistently write "I" and "me."

Then, too, we are all of us desirous of company, and by writing of an "us," I help myself feel that I am not alone.

So please don't think that I presume to say what the goddess has or hasn't given to you, what she has or hasn't done for you, what she will or will not mean to you. All of those things are for you to discover, or for you to dismiss, as you choose.

Lovingly yours,

A Devotee

No comments: